When is the Right Time to Plan for Senior Living?
Now. Always have a plan and a backup plan. Put those plans in writing, tell them to your Health Care Agent. Here are just a few things that might suggest it is time to think about another living arrangement or additional help:
• Health is deteriorating, taking longer to recover from illness, chronic condition is worsening, experiencing extreme weight loss/gain, having more trips to the Emergency Room.
• Increasingly difficult to participate in activities of daily living.
• Social life is not what it used to be. Hobbies/Interests have dwindled significantly, not getting out of the house and becoming isolated.
• Nutrition is failing. Refrigerators may be filled with expired foods or items that never get used. Living on microwaveable foods or increased take-out food.
• Maintenance of home has become too much to handle. Housekeeping is not getting done.